SHRIMP SCAMPI RAVIOLI | PLATED OR POURED
Our Shrimp Scampi Ravioli is perfectly suited as an extremely simple to make go-to dish when needing to impress someone special. It's practical on the pockets and takes less than 30 minutes to pull off. If you want to try your hand at making your own stuffed ravioli be my guess. PULLEDTOGETHER would never discourage initiative. We purchased Wholefoods pre-packaged mushroom ravioli and it was delicious. Enjoy!
- 12 large ravioli (our version is mushroom ravioli)
- 1 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tbsp cold butter cut into cubes
- ¾ cup of white wine or your favorite pale lager (had no wine so I used Corona)
- 12 medium or large shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied
- Juice from one lemon
- Shaved Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of liberally salted water to a boil so that it is ready when you want to cook the ravioli.
2. Add one tablespoon of butter to a medium size skillet and melt over medium high heat. Add shallots and garlic and stir until soft, 2-3 minutes. Stir in wine or beer, and simmer until reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook just until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Now add remaining butter, cube by cube, stirring until each one is melted into the sauce. Stir in lemon juice.
4. While the sauce is cooking, add the ravioli gently to the boiling water and cook according to package directions until just done, usually about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and put in a single layer on a plate until the sauce is finished.Divide the ravioli between four plates, and add shrimp to each plate.
5. Spoon a generous portion of sauce over each serving, garnish with shaved Parmesan and parsley. Serve at once!