GRILLED TROUT WITH BROCCOLI RABE
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe thick ends of stems trimmed
- Four 6 to 8-ounce trout fillets (skin on), possibly deboned
1. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until translucent and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the raisins, honey, red pepper flakes, lemon zest and juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and remove from the heat.
3. Toss the broccoli rabe with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Grill until tender and slightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Add the broccoli rabe to the skillet with the garlic mixture and toss to combine.
4. Pat the fish dry and sprinkle both sides with salt. Grill, skin-side down, for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and grill for 3 to 4 minutes more.
5. Divide the broccoli rabe among plates and top with the fish.
- Rashad Frazier